Monday, January 09, 2006

Watch Where You Sit

Have you ever boarded an airplane, taken your seat and then wondered why in the hell you chose such a bad location? I certainly have. I once booked a seat in front of the exit row, meaning I couldn't recline (the person in front of me sure could, though, and did!) one inch on a cross-country flight.

Well, there's a way to obviate this maddening situation. Before selecting your seat, visit http://www.seatguru.com. You'll need to know the type of aircraft on which you'll be flying. Armed with this info, select an airline and aircraft type from the left-hand menu. You'll find, for every aircraft, a color-coded map showing good, bad and in-between seats. Also listed are the aircraft's amenities.

If you've already booked your seat for an upcoming flight, don't fret. Certain airlines, including Delta, now allow you to change your seat at any point before the flight--simply access your itinerary on the website using either your confirmation code or your SkyMiles PIN Number. It's that simple. If your carrier doesn't offer such online access, try calling their 1800 number. You'd be amazed what those agents can do for you. And if all else fails, you can always try to switch seats the day of your flight.

So, unless you're booking at the last minute, there's no reason to end up in the loser's seat. A little planning can make a huge difference!

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Seatguru's an awesome site. I've used it many times in the past. I usually have to change my seat assignment when I check in for my flights on Airtran...they always stick me in the worst seats.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home