Friday, April 07, 2006

Sleeping Bag(gage)?

Fed up with the lack of blankets on airplanes operated by cash-strapped airlines? Tired of adjusting the napkin-size blankets that are only sometimes made available? Poshair has the solution to your comfort problem--the airplane sleeping bag. More like a sack, it's composed primarily of polyester and, according to Poshair's promotional materials, will make you the envy of fellow passengers. Whether it will be popular with airlines and transportation safety officials, who might question the ease with which a cocooned passenger could escape a burning aircraft, remains unanswered. I don't know about you, but rarely am I consistently hot or cold aboard an airplane. Typically, I waver back and forth, making a zip-up mummy bag a tad cumbersome. That said, if it's cozy and makes a cramped seat slightly more comfy, I'd give it a try.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I'd not

3:19 PM  
Blogger Phlip said...

That thang looks wack. Your feet are all bundled up! Man, if you EVER get into one, TAKE PICS! :P

The last few years I've only flown once a year (home for xmas), so I've just been using my coat as a blanket.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I really would love to get into one on a plane. Can you imagine people's reactions? It would be hilarious.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best is the child-sized one. Looks like you'd be putting baby in a potato sack. Good call about the safety issues surrounding it.

I have a group of people standing over my shoulder here at work looking at this thing and the consensus is: 'absurd'

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home