Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm Still Standing

Airbus has pitched a new plane design to several Asian carriers that would have passengers stand during ENTIRE short-range flights. Instead of a seat, passengers would "enjoy" a padded backboard and a harness. Although no carriers have bought the design just yet, they must be tempted, since it permits airlines to cram more than 800 people aboard flights that typically hold only 500. Reminds me of a rollercoaster ride, but hey, if passengers are willing, we'll stand for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

reminds me more of the Gravitron...one of the most harrowing experiences of my life (well, my ride was operated by a bunch of coked out assholes).

7:23 PM  
Blogger Phlip said...

HA! My first thought was also of the Gravitron! However, I enjoyed my rides on it. :P

I wonder how short these flights would be? But don't forget to multiply the length of time it takes to get on and off, if they're cramming 'em in wall-to-wall. 800+ passengers?! No wonder they are trying to pull this crap in Asia first ( . . . she typed from her tiny studio apartment). Airbus denies it, LOL.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home