Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sky High Mojito

Not having flown Delta in over a month, I was pleasantly surprised upon boarding yesterday (ATL to SFO) to find them serving signature cocktails--a very refreshing mojito made with cane sugar and fresh lime and a passion fruit cocktail which I neglected to try. The mojito, shaken right in front of me by a friendly flight attendant, tasted delicious and boasted a perfect mix of mint, sugar, rum and ice. Many of Delta's recent image-makeovers, including the designer uniforms that look like raincoats, appear ridiculous, but these cocktails might be just what the ailing airline and its weary customers need. Granted, the pilots will soon lack pensions, but so long as there are mojitos onboard, something good's happening at 30,000 feet!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this something that has been imported from the Song service?

5:24 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

I'm guessing so. Also, were you on one of the ex-Song 757s? Did they keep their interiors (what I call Easter Parade)?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

No, I was on a 767. I don't think the mojitos are a Song carry-over, but I could be wrong.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home