Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ben Goes Platinum

So yesterday I accepted American Express's offer to upgrade my Gold Delta credit card to Platinum. Despite the slightly higher annual fee, the benefits are quite nice. I received 5000 SkyMiles, all of which count towards my Medallion status, meaning I'll enjoy Gold, rather than Silver, Medallion status in 2007. Gold status means more upgrades and a 100% mile bonus on all flights booked through Delta and its partners, which include Northwest and Continental (so this post's title might also read, "Ben Goes Gold"). In addition, I will receive a free companion ticket on Delta for each year I own the card. There's probably a higher spending limit, as well, but that means little to me, seeing as I'm a grad student in the humanities who's more terrified of credit card debt than I am of snakes on a plane.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I assume this means you don't already have much credit card debt...lucky you!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home